THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARIES, WEST VIRGINIA
- Pursuant to the requirements of the Code of the state
of West Virginia, the Board of Library Directors of the County of
Fayette shall consist of five members appointed by the County Court
of the county.
- Regular meetings shall be held on the 2nd
Wednesday of each month at 4:00pm in the office of the Librarian or
such other time and place as the Board may determine.
- Special meetings may be held at any time at the call
of the President or Secretary or at the call of any two members of
the Board, provided that reasonable notice thereof be given to all
Directors at least twenty-four hours in advance of the special
- A quorum at any meeting shall consist of three or more
- The officers of the Board shall be a President, a
Secretary and a Treasurer. Their
term of office shall be for one year coinciding with the fiscal year
– July 1st through June 30.
They shall be elected at the first regular meeting after July
1st and shall remain in office until their successors are
elected and qualified.
- The duties of all officers shall be such as by custom
and law and the rules of this board devolve upon such officers in
accordance with their names. The
President shall be, ex officio, a member of all committees.
- The order of business at all regular meetings of the
Board shall be as follows:
of minutes of previous meeting
- Roberts Rules of Order shall govern in the
parliamentary procedure of the Board.
- The Head Librarian shall be the executive director of
the policies adopted by this Board.
Among his/her duties and responsibilities shall be the
direction and supervision of all staff members in the performance of
their duties, the submission to this Board of monthly and annual
reports and recommendation to the Board of such policies and
procedures as in the opinion of said Head Librarian will promote the
efficiency of the Library in its service to the people of the
community. The Head Librarian shall have such other duties as shall
from time to time be assigned to him/her by the Board of Directors.
- Amendments to these rules may be proposed at any
regular meeting but may become effective only after a favorable vote
on such suspensions shall be taken by yeas and nays and entered in
the official record.