|My Account:||View library record|
Click here for library locations and hours.
- Books, audiobooks, e-books and DVDs/videos for check out
- Magazines and newspapers
- Computer access and Wi-Fi
- Storytime hours
- Summer reading programs
- Notary service (must have photo ID)
- Curriculum support
- Tax forms (available in the Spring)
- Tax assistance (available in the Spring) offered at many libraries through AARP
- Copies 25 cents each
- Sending faxes : $3.00/1st page, $1/page thereafter
- Receiving faxes: $1.00 page
Public Computer Access
All Fayette County Public Libraries are online! Each library provides wireless internet and offers at least four public computers with internet access. Patrons can search the online book catalog for Fayette County, as well as several other libraries in West Virginia. Each library also has several reference databases made available through the WV Library Commission.
Archives and Special Collections
For more information on archives and special collections, please click here.
How do I get a library card?
You need to bring in two forms of I.D. One has to have your current address. Fill out a registration form and you will have a card in a few minutes. If you are under 17, a parent/guardian must sign the card and show proof of address.
Do I need my library card when I check out an item?
Yes, the MLN rules state that you must have your library card to check out items, even if you know the librarians. If you have forgotten your card, you can purchase a replacement card for $1.00.
How old do I have to be to use the computer?
You must be 16 years old. You may use a computer if you are younger than 16, AS LONG AS you have a parent/legal guardian with you.
May I return materials to any Fayette County Public Library other than where I checked my materials out?
Yes, checked out materials may be returned to any Fayette County Public Library.
Do all libraries have a night deposit for book returns?
What are borrowing limits?
For new card holders: 2 items--no DVDS/videos or audiobooks until you have checked out and returned 10 items.
For general patrons: 3 DVDs; 5 total DVD/videos (only 3 DVDs).
What is the loan period?
3 weeks for books and audiobooks on CD/MP3/Cassette; 3 days for DVDs/videos.
Does the library have tax forms?
Yes, we have forms for pick-up January–April. We can also print forms for you at 25 cents per page if you don't see the form you need.
How do I look for a book?
We have a very user friendly online public access catalog. If you need assistance, our staff will assist you in finding what you need.
What are the fines charged for overdue books?
Our fines are 5 cents per book per day, up to the cost of the book.
How do I place a hold on a book?
You may place a hold in the comfort of your own home using our MLN catalog, or you may have one of our staff place the hold for you.
How do I renew library materials?
You may renew books from our MLN catalog, you may call the library to renew (have your library card number ready), or you may bring your books in and renew them at the closest branch. You may not renew books that have other holds on them.
Are there charges for checking out videos/DVDs?
No, our DVDs/videos are free to check-out. The loan period is 3 days. If they are late, there is a $2.00 a day late fee per item.
Do I need a library card to use a public computer?
Library cards are required to use a personal computer. If you are a visitor from out of the area, we can issue you a guest pass after showing an id.
Are there charges for interlibrary loans?
No, we consider this a service to our patrons so that we may offer them items that we do not have in our catalog.
The Fayette County Public Libraries is dedicated to the acquisition of information in a variety of formats in order to serve the educational, recreational, cultural and informational needs of the citizens of Fayette County, West Virginia. This service is to be provided free of charge to all people possessing a West Virginia Statewide Borrowers Card at any of the eight public libraries in Fayette County.
Click here to view the policy.
- Pursuant to the requirements of the Code of the state of West Virginia, the Board of Library Directors of the County of Fayette shall consist of five members appointed by the County Court of the county.
- Regular meetings shall be held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 4:00pm in the office of the Librarian or such other time and place as the Board may determine.
- Special meetings may be held at any time at the call of the President or Secretary or at the call of any two members of the Board, provided that reasonable notice thereof be given to all Directors at least twenty-four hours in advance of the special meeting.
- A quorum at any meeting shall consist of three or more directors.
- The officers of the Board shall be a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer. Their term of office shall be for one year coinciding with the fiscal year July 1st through June 30. They shall be elected at the first regular meeting after July 1st and shall remain in office until their successors are elected and qualified.
- The duties of all officers shall be such as by custom and law and the rules of this board devolve upon such officers in accordance with their names. The President shall be, ex officio, a member of all committees.
- The order of business at all regular meetings of the Board shall be as follows:
- Roll call
- Disposition of minutes of previous meeting
- Report of librarian
- Financial report
- Unfinished business
- New business
- Roberts Rules of Order shall govern in the parliamentary procedure of the Board.
- The Head Librarian shall be the executive director of the policies adopted by this Board. Among his/her duties and responsibilities shall be the direction and supervision of all staff members in the performance of their duties, the submission to this Board of monthly and annual reports and recommendation to the Board of such policies and procedures as in the opinion of said Head Librarian will promote the efficiency of the Library in its service to the people of the community. The Head Librarian shall have such other duties as shall from time to time be assigned to him/her by the Board of Directors.
- Amendments to these rules may be proposed at any regular meeting but may become effective only after a favorable vote on such suspensions shall be taken by yeas and nays and entered in the official record.